What are the symptoms of the H1N1 flu compared to regular flu?

I was just wondering what the difference in the two were and if any symptoms were different and how you know when to go to the doctor.

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 5:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• For detailed info visit www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu there's info there for you. I guess if you had the normal flu before and this one is more difficult or different. It could be If you were around someone that had it! Heck anyone that touches like your door knob could have left some germs there. I- always if you have shortness of breath, sudden dizziness. Severe or peristent vomiting. For children if your skin is bluisish or gray.Fast or troubled breathing. Extreme irritabilty. When in doubt call and explain. Unless you feel it is an emergency. Then folow that protocal. Best of luck to you! Keep Well!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• The dry cough seems to be associated with swine flu bc they confuse it with whooping cough. That's the only difference I've heard of between the swine flu and the regular flu. To know for sure you'd have to be tested though (heard that on tv on several news and doctor programs)

Answer by admckenzie at 5:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• They're pretty similar in their symptoms--so a specific test is what is really needed to confirm symptoms. http://www.newsday.com/news/symptoms-of-swine-versus-seasonal-flu-strains-1.1220544

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• The SAME - H1N1 is just a strain of Influenza A, so they don't present any differently! I hate all the stupid hype about it. It's just another Inf A strain people!
    Anonymous

• My whole family had swine flu. There are no different symproms, it's the same as any other flu. In fact it's milder than the typical seasonal flu, because most people with swine flu don't vomit. Most doctors are no longer testing for the swine flu, but my doctor told me that it's the only flu out there right now.
    lovemydivas

Answer by lovemydivas at 1:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2009