19 month has a cold

My son has a runny nose, congestion, cough, and he isnt sleeping much at night. My nighbor has a son (month older) who is having the same symptoms. She called the doc to see if she could give him anything, they said yes. I called to day they told me no. I have to keep sucking out his nose. Her son is already coughing less. Does anyone have any tricks to helping his coughing?

JacksMommy2008

Asked by JacksMommy2008 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• u have to tell the dr u want the med dr blow me off all the time and when it comes to my baby i get angry if nice and sweet doesnt work i get mean lol my gma needed her gallbladder taken out for 12 yrs and they just kept prescribing her different stuff that didnt work until finally she made a big deal and they gave her a 5 min test that told them that they needed to take her gallbladder out some times u just have to
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• The only things I can suggest is the usual, saline drops for the nose, humidifier in the room, elevate the head of the bed slightly. I use warm tea (peppermint) or honey for the cough. Other moms have posted about using baby Vick's (I've never tried it). If the cough is keeping your child awake most of the night then there is something that can be prescribed but use it sparingly.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2009