really what should i do????

i have a baby 9 months on the 8th of nov. and also have a cat i had for like 13 years at first my cat was really friendly with the baby rubbing againt her letting her pull ears without budging ect...but today everything turned around the cat scratched her cheek my husband is really upset with her what should i do? my cat is getting really old and i dont think she will be able to handle having her nails taken out she is also a housecat and a lapcat!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Anon, maybe you should do some research. It is a proven fact that babies under the age of 1 that grow up around animals have a healthier immune system and less allergies than children that do not grow up in a home with animals. And that includes cats.

Poster - It was one day. My cat has scratched my daughter (17 months) about 3 times now. My daughter is learning to leave the cat alone. You have had this cat for this long, you should not get rid of it now. Perhaps create a space higher up (like on a book shelf) where kitty can distance herself from the baby.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Get rid of the damn cat, they aren't supposed to be around babies anyway, you need to do some research!
    Anonymous

• maybe the cat was just cranky
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• cats kill infants and toddlers they take their breath away literally !!!!
    Anonymous

• Even if the cat was "just cranky" the fact that she scratched your baby means she could do it again if she gets cranky. I don't know what you need to do, I'd ask your pediatrician or vet, or both. I know you've had your cat a long time, but your baby's safety has to come first no question about it. The cat may need a new home if she's putting your baby at risk.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• seriously...get rid of the damn cat. btw..cat hairs are not healthy for babies...
    Anonymous