Letting a babysitter go...

So I found a new sitter for my 6 month old son. I have had it the was that he was with she is super nice but she props his bottle she didn't give him his meds and she had him sleeping face down on her bed with and he was crying and she was ont he computer and didn't even move. She didn't know I was there and this happened because I went ot get my son and the door was half way open (it was snowing) and I knocked and her 2 year old grandson answered the door I asked where she was and I yelled out that I was there no response so I walk in the bedroom my son is on the bed face down crying (he can roll so a bed is not a great choice for him) and she was ignoring him on the computer with headphones on. So I found another sitter who sounds great my friend has her son go to her but I need to call the sitter now. I know I should jsut tell her the truth but I don't know what exactly to say and not be rude...

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 5:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh. my god. if she is a lic caregiver then you absolutely MUST report her. wth?

no, you do NOT pay the two weeks- SHE is in breach of contract for NEGLECT.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Soooooo glad you caught her like that!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• If she was rude enough to treat your baby like that then I would not try to spare her feelings. I would just call her and tell her that she is no longer needed and if she asks why then tell her what you told us. GL!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Are you serious? You are worried about not being rude after the way she treated your baby? I wouldn't give 2 shits about being rude! I'd straight up tell her that she is a terrible babysitter! If I ever caught someone treating my son that way, after I'd kick their ass, I'd also tell her where to go and I would make sure EVERYONE knew what she did so she wouldn't get another job again!
    Anonymous

• If she is a licensed provider, she needs to be reported.. this "caregiver" is guilty of neglect.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 6:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Not being rude is the last thing I would worry about. I would have taken my baby right there and then and told her she is incompetent, I would not bring my baby back to her and I would report her to the proper people.
    Believe me, I always try to treat others as I want to be treated but, by the picture you painted, she was jeapordizing your baby's safety.
    This "momma bear" would not sit by and let that happen!
    Munchkin09

Answer by Munchkin09 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• i agree with all the above but if anything call her and tell her u have another sitter and he will be going there on such date..if she asks why tell her why its your sons safety and thats #1. i wouldnt worry about being rude. honestly if i were u as soon as i saw that i would have slaped the headphones off her head and told her that i would bring her to court if something happend to my child. or even better i would have taken my son sat on the bed and waited to see how long it took her to notice...then i would have told her right there..u will never again babysit my son.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Thank you my son will never go back there and that's for sure. She is licensed so that's crazy and I know she will ask for 2 weeks notice but he isn't going back and I really cannot afford to pay her for 2 weeks and another babysitter who actually has him. Should I just say no??
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 6:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• She was neglecting the baby you don't have to give her two weeks and if she makes a fuss about it tell her to STFU. If she is licensed she knew way better then to leave him on the bed and ignore him while he was crying , get her license revoked and don't worry about being rude.
    Anonymous

• I would just tell her you found someone else.... if you want to give a "nice" reason you could just say this other person is a friend or lives closer to you or whatever. Or you could just tell her the truth and tell you were upset by the way you found your son and he won't be coming back.
    But like the others said, I would report her because she is licensed and that isn't okay.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2009