sending child to daycare for the first time

Hello,

I have a 9month old daughter and will be sending her to daycare soon. This is the first time I will be sending her to daycare.

I am worried that she might not adjust. I've visited few daycares and I think I finally found one that I can trust (*fingers crossed).
Can you tell me your experiences? How was your child during the first week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well 1st off i think its good u are starting her @9mo that way she can get used to the ppl and her surrounds but as for me i havent had my child in actual daycare since i got pregnant i have been taking my dd whose 22mo to a lady house for to watch her for like 1hr while im at my appt and my dd had not liked it one bit she cries shes just not used to some1 else but i do think its best to start them early and 9mo is good. good luck

mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 6:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• My son started daycare at 12 weeks.... but we changed daycares recently when he was 13 months...
    The change was a little hard on him... at least the dropping off part, he cried so hard it was very sad. But everyday got a little better... now it's been about 2 months and he goes right to his daycare provider. He has a really nice time there playing with the other kids.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• My baby started at 7 weeks. I was a mess, crying and all for the first few days, but he could of cared less. I do think that the younger they are the easier it is for them, but it will always be hard on you.

I suggest if they allow to "visit" (you too) that you go and let her play while you are there. It will make the transition easier on both of you.
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 10:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• thank you everyone!
    Anonymous