My DD has Pnuemonia

My 6 year old was diagnosed with pnuemonia.She wasnt hospitilized but instead sent home with antibiotics and albuterol. She was diagnosed on Sat.Just was wondering if anyone has had a bout of pnuemonia wit their child could tell me what expect for the next few days.

MAMAOF2ANGELS

Asked by MAMAOF2ANGELS at 6:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My youngest had pneumonia when she was 21 mos old. It was a little rough the first few days, and they need lots of rest and lots of fluids. she will be tired for a little while, but kids a re usually resilient. Does she still have fever? Is she eating and drinking ok? Does she seem as if she is getting better? Those are all important things, and if at any time you see improvement then she starts feeling worse, do not wait, take her right back into the hospital, you should be seeing constant improvement over the course of antibiotics. Like i said, she will need rest and it may take her a couple weeks to be back to 100 %, depending on how bad her pneumonia is. Good Luck Momma, hope she gets better soon
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 7:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• No more fever but she still is getting tired quick.....out of breath.She is drinking really good. How long will coughing stick around? The coughing is the worse....
    MAMAOF2ANGELS

Answer by MAMAOF2ANGELS at 7:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Get some Sambucol/Elderberry syrup

Answer by rkoloms at 11:13 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• My son gets pnemonia (asperation pnemonia) every 4-6 weeks so I am, unfortunately, VERY familiar with it! Sometimes they seem to get worse before they start to get better. Jaydin tends to do his turnaround about day 4 of augmentin and about 2 days after finishing zithramax (I dont know which med your DD is on) Even when she gets her energy back, try to keep her calm (arts & crafts and movies work great) becuase she could end up over doing it and that will make her have a bad breathing spell
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2009