How long after beginning to dilate, efface, and/or drop did you...

did you go into labor (naturally, not induction)? just wondering, gettin my hopes up ;) I am 38 weeks, 1cm dilated, and 50% effaced and hopin his lil train runs soon :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Really its hard to tell.. i am 36 weeks now and have been 2 cent. and 50% since i was 33 weeks. With my other children i also dialated early but i had to be induced so maybe you will have better luck than me. Good luck
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I dont think any of us can tell you a whole lot about what might happen with you because every one is litteraly different but I can tell you when I was 38 weeks I was 100% effaced and dialted to a 2 1/2 and went into labor the next day. I went into L&D dialated at a 3 and I was given potocin to speed up labor cause my doctor was not on call that night but wanted to deliver for me any way. I was in labor for a total of 8 hrs which is great and pushed for 23 minutes and didnt feel a thing thanks to the epidurl :) I hope this labor goes as good as the first one. GL to you and congrats!!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• for me it was just about a week but you probably know that some women are dialated/effaced for weeks. :) good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• oh btw, my son was born at 41 weeks
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• i was 4 cm at 28 wks i had her at 38.
    with ds i was 3 cm at 32 wks i had him at 37.
    it really dopesnt mean much, some woman go from0-10 in hours while other dialte slowly
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I have no idea since i've never been checked during pregnancy.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:34 AM on Oct. 29, 2009