help! i have no idea what to do

my daughter is 12 years old and she wants me to buy her a thong. every time she asks i always say no and then she talks about her older sister having a thong but her older sister is 14. wut do i do

chrisana

Asked by chrisana at 7:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I wouldn't buy thongs for my children. Why do they need thongs?????
    Anonymous

• If you buy them for your 14 year old, why not your 12 year old?
    Anonymous

• Make your rules and stick to them. She doesn't have to like the rules but she has to abide by them in your home. Personally, I wouldn't be buying a thong for my daughter. Once they were old enough to work and could purchase their own is a different matter.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I remember being the little sister (by two years too even) and wanting to do everything my big sister got to too. I suggest you tell her something like "If you get all A's this year you can have one" make what seems like a bad thing into a reason to do a good thing. Remember, its only underwear, underwear doesn't make you do the things we associate it with.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 7:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• it's just underwear. i didn't wear thongs when i was twelve and i don't really like them now but just because they seem like something sexual doesn't necessarily mean they are. i wear them occasionally if i'm wearing pants with no back pockets so i don't have underwear lines.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Your profile says you have one child, 6 years old. Are you just bored and trolling?
    Anonymous

• Why does the 14 year old have one?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• its a personal preference, i like them because they are comfortable (i have a big butt and having 10 inches of fabric riding where it doesn't belong is a lot less comfortable than 1 inch, where it does). she may decide that she doesn't like them- who knows.

anyway, you are mom, it is your house, your rules. if no is no. then no.

i kind of get the feeling that you may still be having issues with the "sexual" aspect of underwear- just to clue you in, most die hard thong wearers (i own granny panties that i wear for three days a month, and less if i can avoid it, thats it) wear them for comfort, not because they're "hot". as my dd will tell you "llife is too short to wear dull underwear- besides, no one sees them but you!", its like wearing weird socks (which i love too).
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• How can buttfloss be comfortable; give me a nice pair of comfy mens boxers!

Answer by rkoloms at 10:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• oh my gosh i so remember those days...going to my grandma asking her to buy me sexy undies! My main reason was because i had to change in front of other girls in gym and i didnt want them to see my flower granny panties. Maybe you should tell her you think thongs are a little too grown up for her age now but you dont mind letting her get some cute bikini cuts.. that are more grown up.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2009