How soon after I color my hair can I color it again?

I just colored my hair about a week and a half ago to a darker brown. The highlights I had are bleeding through. Can I color it again already, or do I need to wait? Also, should I go with a darker color? Can anyone recommend a good quality color you can do yourself? Thanks ladies.

lrackley

Asked by lrackley at 7:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Coloring your hair more frequently than every 4 to 6 weeks will cause major damage to your hair. Coloring already causes some damage. I've tried about everything on the market and I keep going back to L'oreal Preference. The color seems to cover the gray better, doesn't fade as quickly and it never gets brassy. As far as your highlights..hopefully a cosmotologist will answetr and give you the best advise on that one.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• you can use a demi/semi-permanent color, close to the color you already used. it will deposit only, which is what you want. try reconditioning first, to equalize the porosity of your hair..its probably dry and needs it anyway. make sure you use plenty of product when you recolor-don't skimp.
    in the future, when you color over highlights, you'll need to use a color-filler, before the actual haircolor...this is why your new color is sliding off/old HLs bleeding through.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• No what damages your hair is bleach and other services. Color is a deposit and doesnt. You are going to need what they call a "filler" for your blonde. If you want to go darker your going to want to get a med brown to use as a filler then your color of choice. What i stongly recomend is gong to some place like sallys and tellin them what you want and ask for a good filler as well as color
    they will come in little bottles about 4 bucks a peice . You going to need 10 vol developer. They will be able to direct you from there. Claroil is the best i use. and Pure White deeloper or this other one i cant remember the name but it comes in a brown bottle with neon colored print.

I have been in beauty school for 2 years i know what i am tkin anout lol i do this for a living
    FcknReady2Party

Answer by FcknReady2Party at 8:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• the only way you'll be able to get rid of the bleached hair or make it blend in as much as possible is to have it colored one color and then color it back to the color you want. Boxed color is really bad for your hair. You should go to your local salon. I only know this because my sister is a hairdresser and she does all my hair needs. GOOD LUCK!!!
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2009