Do you ever regret not coming to God sooner? (Christians)

I look back in my life to the times I didn't have God. These times are so sad and empty. I wouldn't say they are the hardest times in my life, but certainly the most lonely.

The hardest time would be when I found out my husband was having an affair. I dropped and gave it up to Jesus.

I often wonder how my life would be if I would have found Jesus sooner. You know that song, "Jesus take the wheel?" That is my new motto.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, there are times when I've thought just that......but........then again I also tend to believe that had I not been through all of the trials and learning experiences I've undergone without God (or me being aware or asking Him) in my life that maybe my faithwalk with Him wouldn't be as strong and secure as it is now. Does that make sense? The bible tells us that He calls us to Him, so I have to believe that I finally heard Him knocking when it was time for me to answer the door.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• In some ways yes but I truly believe I came to Him at the right time. He knew and the past is just that the past! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Not really I think God's timing was perfect in my life. I became a Christian in highschool, early enough that I hadn't really done anything regrettable and hadn't yet made decisions about what I was going to do as an adult or who I would marry or anthing like that. But old enough that I really understood the decision I was making and was able to stand up to my mother's disapproval and basically attacks on my decision.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• But, adding to my answer, I do sometimes wonder what it would have been like if I would have been raised in a Christian home and a more stable enviroment.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• there are times i look back where i have strayed away from God and i see the sin i have done and i wish i would of worked harder and had a stronger relationship w/ him and listen to him speak to me i could of saved myself so much hurt.....but they were just trials in my life and God got me through them and brought me back close so I"m thankful for that.
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 2:46 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• No I do not because before I would not have been perceptive to him. I do know that he was always beside me either way so that gives me comfort!!!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:24 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I wish I had never left Him behind to return to worldly things. I wish accepted Him when He first started wooing me back. I do regret waiting to so long to return.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:26 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Yes i do.. I wish i was saved alot sooner
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• No, not at all. I have always believed the way I do now. But figured I could just wait for the relationship. So, I enjoyed my young years and now that I'm old I have found god and I'm forgiven for everything. Had I been religious then, life would have lacked A LOT!
    Anonymous