My daughter has always been really good with her words (she's 2) and all of a sudden she refuses to use her words and just throws herself to the ground and screams if I don't understand her grunting. I can deal with temper tantrums, I just ignore her until she's done and then she calmly tells me what it is she wants, but I'm worried about her not using her words anymore, any suggestions?

kaitlin_0879

Asked by kaitlin_0879 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it is porbably just a phase she is going through. As long as you don't give into her tantrums I think it will pass
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Kids often regress a little right before a jump in ability. Give it a few weeks.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I agree its a phase. Sometimes for different reasons. One being like swasson said and even like if they see another baby or toddler that doesn't talk yet and gets their way, then they try to act like that too. (Even common for parents just having another baby) It should pass. Just keep telling her that you can't understand and when shes ready to use her words youll be ready to listen
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 8:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2009