Where did you give birth?

In a hospital? A birthing center? or a at home?

What was your experience like? And do you look forward to the same experience again? (if you plan on having more)

What would you change? And what kind of advice do you have for a women who plans on having a similar birthing experience as yours?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 7:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Both kids born at Swedish Hospital (a good one) with luxury birthing suites. Great, easy experience both times.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• In a Hospital. All 3, not having anymore. I would recommend a hospital just in case the baby, or you need immediate help from Health professionals.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I answered on your other question, but I thought I would add something to the first posters comment. Even if at a hospital it will take about 20-30 minutes to get you prepped for a c-section and that is about the ONLY thing that a midwife couldn't do at a birth center and most birth centers are within a 20-30 minute drive of a hospital. In Holland the majority of births are at home with midwives and they have a much lower c-section rate, maternal death rate and neonatal death rate then we do here in the US. They also have strict laws on when a woman needs to be transferred to the care of a doctor or at a hospital.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I had all 3 of mine at a hospital, I had c/sections so I kinda had to. LOL

My experiences were great. I wasnt too fond of the nurses I had when my second son was born but it wasnt a big deal overall. They just werent as outgoing friendly as the ones I had before.

I think that is a difference I found between big and small hospitals. My first and third were born in small hospitals so the nurses were just more accomodating and helpful,etc.

Wouldnt change a thing and if I was having more Id do the same thing(even if I could try something different).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I had both at a hospital, and had good experiences with both. My ds was born at 36 weeks and had to go to nicu for a week, and my dd was born at 34 weeks. Even though she was healthy I was glad to be at the hospital just in case :) I am not having anymore, and I wouldn't change anything.
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 8:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• i had a hospital birth...and all u have to say is GAH! it didnt go so smooth but it just had to do with the hospital i gave birth at was terrible. for next and last baby i will give birth in a hospital ..but a different hospital. the hospital im going to give birth at next is so awesome and actually encourags mothers to give birth with no meds and little intervention.im happy about that. i would love to give birth at home but my husband isnt comfortable with that and there are no midwives in or near my area at all:(
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 8:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I had both of mine in a hospital, even in the same room which was cool but the last time i had a nurse that didn't know what she was doing. She blew 4 of my viens trying to start an IV before finally getting someone else to do it. If that happens to any of you after the first time i would reccomend getting a different nurse, she was there for my whole labor and was really just a pain in the a$$. When it was time to push my midwife wanted to see when the contractions were comeing and the idiot nurse kept changing the screen. Then when they took out my catheter she grabbed it without gloves on and got the 3rd degree from my midwife. Needless to say i am going to a different hospital next time and i hated the midwife that delivered her (mine wasn't on call) so i won't be going there again. I was so happy with them the first time but not the last.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Hospital..it just made sense to me to do it that way...in case of an emergency I have all the resourses right there...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• At the hospital with all 5 of the little burgers
    Anonymous

• I had him at the hospital. Horrible experience, to say the very least. The nurst stuck me like three times in my arm to get the IV in. I have big veins so there was no excuse for it. Then with my epidure, I got stuck three times in my back. I plan to deliver at a hospital next time, but a different one. I will NEEEVERRR go to the one where I had my son ever again.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 29, 2009