My baby wont sleep at night

My almost 4 month old baby used to sleep through the night so well, until she got a bit of a cold for a little less then a week and when she was sick she was up all night because she didn't feel good. She has been over the cold for a while now, but her sleep schedule is so mess up now that she’s up all night.
We try to keep her awake during the day and she refuses and sleeps all day anyways... Is there anything that I can do to get her back on her normal (sleeping thought the night) schedule
Any advice would be great!

ashley.mumaw

Asked by ashley.mumaw at 7:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You're doing all the right things. Here's the good news/bad news...sleep patterns in the first year are generally temporary. Five hours straight is considered "sleeping through the night."

She's too young for any sleep training methods. Keep doing what you're doping. She'll change her pattern soon enough.

And then again.

And then again...

And then again...

Your guarantees are death, taxes and never getting eight hours straight sleep again. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 7:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I agree with gdiamante. My son is 15 monthes old now and even though he will normally sleep through the whole night every few months he'll change up his sleeping pattern and throw me for a loop right when I thought we were doing okay. Just keep trying to keep her awake during the day and if you can start a sleep routine like bathing and massage and then lie down I noticed with my son that it really helped him calm down at that age to have a bath and a baby massgae before bed.
    Anonymous