Teething

Im a new mother to a 3 week old...when he laughs or cries i can already see his gums forming the areas where his teeth will come in. I was just wondering around what month will he start teething? Is there anything i need to prepare for?

Dazey18

Asked by Dazey18 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teething comes and goes but normally starts around 4 months. My son started at 31/2 months. Although the teeth didn't come through till he was closer to a year old. It very frustrating but you will learn the signs quickly when he is in discomfort. Drooling, swelling, red, chewing on the fingers.... I recommend the hylands teething tablets in the beginning.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 8:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• hi my daughter started teething around 2 months old and had teeth straight away, the best thing and that works wonders is ashton and parsons teething powders, that is what we have in the uk so a type of teething powder is great for them and is usually the only thing you can give a baby under 6months old.
    summersmummy09

Answer by summersmummy09 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• oh and prepare for a lot of cryng as they come through as babies tend to forget they have them and still bite there hand. powders will come in handy then!
    summersmummy09

Answer by summersmummy09 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2009