how can anyone say this to a child?

my mother said that she was in the store and over heard this lady talking to her daughter and i guess the lady flat out said well the reason we had your brother was incase if something ever happened to you....i asked my mom how old the girl looked and she said ohh about 13-15 years.....and she said thats not all the lady said...my mom said the girl started crying and her mother said when you die we will dance on your grave...guess her brother was laughing about that and again my mom said he looked about 9-11 yrs old......

i think thas horrible..that girl has to feel so left out and not wanted...my mom did follow them and did get their plate number so hopefully someone does something cuz i think thats not right of a parent to talk like that to their child

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in About CafeMom

•  Words can leave lasting scars. How, How sad.

Anonymous

• some people say the most cruel things to their children.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• while verbal abuse is certainly reprehensible it is hardly a crime! getting their plate number? reporting them to whom?
    Anonymous

• That's horrible!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 8:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Maybe she was just joking around, but that is a cruel joke none-the-less.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• well she didnt know who the lady was so the only way to find out was to get the plates and she called the cops they said they will look into it...
    Anonymous

• Actually anon it is considered a crime by CPS. They do take into account verbal abuse along with physical and sexual. Sadly it isn't as easy to prove so it often goes unpunished.
    OP I feel horrible for that little girl. Your mom did the wrong thing, I hope CPS does look into the family.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 9:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Sorry I meant right thing!! Your mom did the right thing.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 9:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Karma. When that bitch is old and in need of care from her daughter, her daughter will likely be long gone. It was an appalling thing to say to anyone.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2009