Need dinner help!

Ok so i have 2 grown guys and 2 kids and myself here and no food until the 4th. I have a pack of pork tenderloin and eggs and milk and applesauce and pastas and rice. Please give me some dinner ideas to feed everyone! i won't eat much as long as the kids do but it needs to be a recipe that can stretch! thanks!

pink-81

Asked by pink-81 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• why dont you try the rice and eggs in it and then tenderloins on the side
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 8:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• i would bake the tenderloin, slice it in small pieces with the rice. Today is only the 28th so i hope you guys can make it until the 4th :(
    Anonymous

• being nosy, but do you have a stocked spice cabinet? if you do, there are several things that come to mind.

living with my ex as a family, i ran into "shortages" a lot. you could always tell when money was tight, because my pants got loose.

you have the makings of a number of casseroles, pasta salads, soup, apple-spice braised chops (pre cut the meat and you'll know how many meals you can make out of it) rice pudding (very filling, and the kids think its cool to have desert for supper, lol)...

any other pantry items on hand? beans, bread/cracker crumbs, canned goods? *if you could only see my befuddled expression* trying to think. i work with quite little myself, so i do understand.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• How big is your pork tenderloin? If possible I would cut a small portion for fried rice with the eggs, cook some in the crockpot with whatever liquid you have on hand, I use beer, wine, apple cider, beef broth, but you can even just use water and add some seasonings. Serve part of it with broth (make plenty of broth in it, over the noodles, maybe part over rice another night. If you can make biscuits or bread (I don't know if you have any pantry staples on hand) I would serve some over biscuits or toast. Of course you can do scrambled eggs, or maybe pancakes with eggs. (Again, I'm assuming flour and baking supplies) if you have no syrup or jam heat the applesauce to serve on the pancakes. Good luck, sorry things are so tight.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2009