Crib - legs stuck in slats

My 3 month old is just starting to scoot around, and got his legs stuck in the slats of his crib twice today - once, he cried pretty hard. I don't have the bumper pad on because they say it can cause suffocation. Seems like either way, my baby can get hurt. Anyone else have this issue? How did you correct it? (It's a newer crib, slats are narrow, but wide enough for tiny legs to fit through). Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had the same problem i got a breathable bumper pad at walmart
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• my daughter is 3months as well..i have left the bumper pads up and havent had problems with them...i left them up for my oldest daughter as well and she is 2 and i never had problems like that...
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 8:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• just dump the crib and co-sleep.
    Anonymous

• ditto the anon. cosleeping is safer if done correctly. (doing correctly is the key). research it, and Dr Jame McKenna. you may be surprised :)
    Anonymous

• I also just used a breathable bumper pad from walmart. Our walmart is smaller so I had to order it online. It is nice for when they are older too because when they try to stand on it to climb out it just collapses because it is so thin.
    Anonymous

• hiya a breathable bumper is the best.
    our health visitos here are changing there mind about erything all the time last october my sister had her second baby and she was told she could make as many bottles as she uses in 24 hours and store them in the fridge for up to 24 hours but then when i had my babyin june they changed it to make it whn you need it which is impossibke as you cant really boil water ad then cool it down when a baby is creaming hungry anyway my point is you do whatever you feel comfortable doing as your childs mother.
    the only person that is going to be affected by putting that bumper on is you becuase when your child goes to be you will be fretting is he/she ok.
    do what ever puts your mind at rest.
    summersmummy09

Answer by summersmummy09 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• We used a mesh bumper (looks kind of like a net) - little legs couldn't get stuck, but there was no chance of suffocating OR of using it to stand on (my nephew did that with his breathable bumper).

TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Breathable bumper ,thats what use since day one.
    liz21281

Answer by liz21281 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2012