How can I get an ultrasound before 20 weeks?

I had 3 miscarriages and I just have a bad feeling for some reason. I am 15 weeks right now. I know having an ultrasound would ease my fear but I don't think my doc will let me have one just for that reason. What are the reasons for getting one early? I just can't seem to shake the awful feeling that something is wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they usually do one at the begining to make sure the pregnancy is viable. if you missed out oh well you only have five weeks left. you can always ask.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• from what ive been told in the past if you have a bad history with miscarriages they will do an ultrasound earlier than usual. ask your doc
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Well I had one at 6 weeks when the baby was just a little speck, but all of my miscarriages were after that.
    Anonymous

• just ask your dr--- he/she may be very understanding about that.
    reava

Answer by reava at 8:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• i told my dr i wanted one at like7 weeks bc i had already miscarried before and they did it.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 8:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• besides. stress ain't good for the baby so if nothing else tell them you are stressing too much and wont feel better til you see him/her for yourself
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 9:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• offer to pay for it. I paid $75 for my 16 wk gender scan.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 9:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Just ask for them to do one to ease your mind.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I paid for a private place to do one for me at 15 weeks to find out the sex... it was about 48 pounds.
    fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 9:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• the first one to make sure I didn't have an ectopic after back pain, then a dating one, then another because of pain, then the 10 week scan, then I had another because of spotting...I'm only 16 weeks. These were all "health" related.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2009