My toddler wants to live off of graham crackers! Advice?

My daughter is 15 months old.

She is offered meals three times per day as well as two snacks, but she seems to only want to eat graham crackers. She can't live off of graham crackers! Besides the sugar, there is no protein or fat to help her develop properly. I don't mind giving her graham crackers for a snack, but not to replace a meal.

When she is offered a meal, she picks at it, only eating a tiny bit. Do I offer her something else, or end the meal make her wait until the next meal to eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• try to get her to eat when you eat, but don't be too stick on that. As for snacks how about carrots,fruit, yogurt.. And no worries a toddler doesn't need much to live off of. My ped said only two tablespoons a day.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• she will learn to eat what you give her if nothing else is offered...but I would try adding things to the graham crackers for breakfast or even lunch---like peanutbutter and raisins or pieces of cheese(my DD loves cheese and graham crackers) atleast then she is getting some good stuff too
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 8:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Stop buying the graham crackers for a while? Then she will have to eat something else.

But as bumblebeestngu said, you can put peanut butter on them, cheese, my son likes them with cream cheese, raisins, jelly.

I'm pretty strict with the graham crackers. My son knows he has to eat real food and those are a treat.
    Anonymous

• lol mine wanted only chicken nuggets until I started only giving her what I made.. she realized if I don't eat what mom puts out .then I don't eat. because at first she would walk away from the table, come back later & say she was hungry, so I reheated her food for her & if she was hungry she would eat it. Don't force fed her, but don't make special food for her. she'll eat what you make if she's hungry.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2009