last meal in prison?

ok is this a true thing on death row? Will they really bring them anything for a last meal?
what if it is some rare veggie or something???

lesliegail22

Asked by lesliegail22 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My grandpa, uncle, & cousin all worked in the prisons in Washington State and, at least when they worked there, the last meal thing was true within reason. The condemned inmate could request what they wanted but if it was something too crazy, it wouldn't happen. My uncle told me that most of the time, it was steak or pizza or something simple. Most of those executed had been on death row for years & didn't have that sophisticated a palate anymore.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Homemade biscuits with hoop cheese,mashed potatoes with Gravy, buttered corn on the cob, and salsbury steak with gravy..... Yes and chocolate cheesecake. That might kill me before the gas chamber.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Good question, what if they wanted sweetbreads or escargot topped off with tripe? Or duck tongue. Did you know there's a bone in there?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• It was on the news once here that for a man's last meal he ordered a half gallon of Eddy's Mint Chocolate chip ice cream... I dunno about anyone else but if I was about to snuff it I wouldn't be hungry...
    fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 9:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I just wouldn't want to die hungry.
    Anonymous

• I think they should just do away with them the minute they are put on death row, why wait? They don't deserve any luxuries, the people they murdered didn't get the chance to have any last wishes, why should they?
    Anonymous

I completely agree!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• anon 9:51- you do realize that there have been many people on death row that were exonerated with DNA after they had been condemned, don't you? There have been too many cases of this happening for capital punishment to be used.

mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Mamaj57 and those were all before DNA was around to test. That is very very rare nowadays. Get off your soap box. Death row is a good thing. If someone rapes and murders your children I bet your "anti death row" crap would change in a heart beat.
    Anonymous

• Hey. I thought we were gonna talk about food here. This is the "just for fun" category, not "just for arguments". If I were dying I would want each and every one of my favorites so that I would be in a food coma before death. I'd like a buffet so I can have a bite of everthing. Starting with some good guacamole and tortilla chips, hot wings with bleu cheese and celery, onion rings and a baked potato with sour cream and chives, coconut cream pie.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2009