Why should we worship them?

Why is it that when a man takes on the responsibility of a child/ren that isn't technically his (i.e. gets in a relationship a woman with children or is pregnant by someone else) other people, especially women, act like that man should be treated as a god? I mean when you even mention it it doesn't matter what your REAL problem was you just get responses like 'you should be happy he took your child in so suck it up' or 'your spoiled and ungrateful'. Its ridiculous! I never hear of women being worshiped for being with a man with children, its just an obligation for them apparently.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that's a fair point. Even with the bio dad. Sometimes my husband throws it in my face the fact that he spends a lot of time with his children. Whatever, I say, they are HIS kids afterall.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• i have never heard that nor felt that way.
    I raise DH son. I've been doing it for over 2 years now.
    6 1/2 months ago my mom died and we took in my little brother. But he's not biologically my little brother. My mom adopted my cousins baby.
    So, i took one for him, he took one for me. We are both very thankful for each other AND always have been. (for the most part).

However, most people give ME more of the admiration just because i'm the one that stays home and raises the boys (i'm only 22 also). BUT i truly and honestly feel that my husband should get the same amount of admiration because of how hard it is for him to deal with all of these family changes while he is in a war zone. (military).

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I completely agree. My best friend found the love of her live and was going on and on how good he was to her son. Now he is sick and she's dumping her kid on me because Joe doesn't understand. I call BS. Her son is best friends with my son so I'm keeping him until Joe can handle it again or Joe gets a job.
    Anonymous

• My husband raised my son from age 4, and he's 27 now. I do think he's been pretty great, and if you ask my son, he considers him his dad.

And, I've definitely seen it go the other way. I know women who have been wonderful mother's to their husband's kids....I think you here it more about the men because more often women have the primary custody of the kids, but I've know a number of women who have loved and raised their husband's kids.

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2009