Lets try this again....

I haven't been feeling like me and my honey have been connecting lately. I feel like we don't want the same things in life. He just seems like he doesn't care about anything but what happens to him personally. He's not supportive (emotionally) and seems to get frustrated with our daughter (9 months) at stupid things, like dribbling food down her chin, a lot. He loves her but I'm not sure how to handle his frustration at EVERYTHING she does especially when I can't even talk to him about problem between us let alone that. He just 'tunes out' when ever I try to talk to him about anything so I don't know what to do anymore.

(I'd add more info but that backfired earlier...)

Deathlilly

Asked by Deathlilly at 9:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• He must have other issues that are going on with work (?) school..?...something else?? or something else personally that is making him frustrated...I can tell your leaving something out cause he is obviously upset over something.
    Anonymous

• well i read your other question..did you not get the answers you were looking for? your dd is not his yet he took her in..okay.fine. if you guys arent connecting and he isnt willing to try then maybe you should leave. you live in his mothers home and basically havea free ride..is that why you wont leave him?
    Anonymous

• He works full time and goes to school full time, BUT he's happy when he's home and he doesn't get like that at all unless he's dealing with her. I can kind-of understand the food thing (mentioned earlier) because he's a neat freak but it seems like its with EVERYTHING she does.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 9:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• agian maybe its because shes not his kid.
    Anonymous

• I do not 'basically have a free ride'. Who the h*ll are you to assume that when you don't even fully know my situation. He didn't 'take my child in' he CHOSE this after I told him all it would include. He's not a hero, he's still a regular person. I wont leave him because he's my best friend and we love each other and I realize that we're young and going to have problems. He just tunes me out because the way he thinks is completely opposite then mine so talking doesn't work but I have no idea what will.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 9:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• well then why are you asking women on the internet for help? if you know you are going to have problems and you are young then why bother to ask us? you know you are going to have issues then DEEALLL. just deal. and living with his mother IS a free ride if you ask me. and true he choose to have your dd be his own..but i think thats why hes so short with her..because shes not his own.
    Anonymous

• Perhaps the relationship btwn the both of you came too soon, having a young baby it wasn't long ago you were at least physically involved with someone else. His frustration doesn't sound healthy. He might be threatened by the father even if he is not involved at this time. If you have other living arrangements maybe try that for a while and see how your relationship goes.
    Anonymous

• I ask because I figure that maybe someone would have an idea of getting through to a man that wont listen. I'm sure that when YOU have a problem you talk to other people about it to either vent or to get another view point. Well, I don't have other people so I ask on here. His mother is mainly just there. She doesn't really do anything but work and be depressed. I EARN my keep here thank-you-very-much.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 9:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• okay well no one here or anyone anywhere can change a man. he has to change for himself and if you have tried to all ends then the next choice is to put up with it and deal with him forever or leave and find a new man,
    Anonymous

• Good going judging his mom it's your right but he better not have anything to say about your kid.
    Anonymous