Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i get my child supoort changed due to enrolling my children in daycare?

I have looked and asked everywhere and still dont have an answer. Can someone please help? I just recently finalized my divorce and i remember the judge telling me that if i get a job and have to put the boys in daycare that i had to do something ( i cant remember what) to get the child support changed. Where do i go to do this?

Answer Question

Asked by TiffanyAwesome at 9:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • family and children services....i don't know...i just recently enforced child support on my ex and i dont think you can change anything like how much you get in payments cuz i got a letter in the mail that my case would not be elligable for another review for 2 years from our court date.

    Answer by shay1130 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

  • Call your lawyer. You go to the court and have an ammendment done to include the daycare. I went through that as well. You just go before the judge and prove that your financial situation changed (with the daycare) and most ex's are required to pay 1/2 daycare- especially if the judge told you to do it. We had family watching my kids at first, but when my ex MIL went back to school and then work- and I finished school and went back to work, I went back to the courts and the judge ordered my ex to pay 1/2 of the kids daycare.
    Shay1130- you went through childrens services, so no THEY won't review your case for 2 years, but YOU can go to court and do it yourself. Their resources are limited, to they won't go to court when you need, only when it is convenient for them (standard is every 1 or 2 years) If your ex starts making more, all YOU need to do is go to the courthouse and pay the $35 filing fee and file for an increase.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

  • I agree with the above poster, contact your lawyer. However, I noticed that you live in GA. In the state of GA, they go off of both parent's income. Depending on how much you get paid, you may or may not get an increase in child support. Good Luck, though!


    Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

  • thanks for that info anon..i didnt know anything about child support and how to get it except for what a couple of girls at work told me. I don't plan on my ex making any more money though. He is such a loser! He works for his brother and i'm sure his brother is covering his ass...he always has. I think for right now i get plenty but in the future if my ex tries to lower it at all i will take your advice and go to the court house.

    Answer by shay1130 at 8:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

  • thanks everyone..ur the best :)

    Answer by TiffanyAwesome at 4:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.