What are the risks of measuring to big?

I am 32 weeks and i went to the doctor on monday. On monday my doctor told me i was measuring in at 37 weeks. yesterday i went and had an ultersound done i am still waiting on the results. i am just scared because i have no clue what the risks are if any.

andrea23060809

Asked by andrea23060809 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• usually there is no risk. At 32 weeks I was measuring 40 weeks. At 37 weeks, I was measuring 42 weeks. It is all about how the baby is positioned.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• lol i just posted something similar to this :) I was measuring alittle bigger than normal by i think a week. Im due to have another U/S in two weeks but they told me it could be extra fluid. They also told me not to worry so..ill be looking forward to what the other moms say for you. I hope everything is okay for u..
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I think they only "risks" are that you may have a large baby that could complicate a vaginal delivery. However if that is what your doctor's concerns are, just remember that even now with all the new technology...when they guesstimate your baby's weight, it is always plus or minus 2 lbs...which is ALOT! Everyone was telling my I was gonna have a huge baby because my stomach got so big...I never measured bigger than what I was but I just looked large. My son weighed 8lbs but I had ALOT of water so that might be the case with you as well. Don't worry about it. Better too big than too small!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2009