Switching Formula to Cows milk...

OK MY DAUGHTER WILL BE ONE NEXT WEEK, I HAD STARTED GIVING HER COWS MILK EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE B/C WIC IS CHANGING HER FORMULA TO COWS MILK NEXT WEEK.... SHE DRANK IT OUT OF HER SIPPY CUP ONLY IF I HEATED IT UP BUT QUIT SLEEPING THRU THE NIGHT AND THEN STARTED SPITTING IT OUT, SO I WENT BACK TO FORMULA AND NOW SHE SLEEPS THRU THE NIGHT, SHE GETS ENOUGH TO EAT AT DINNER. WHAT DO I DO? HOW DO I GET HER TO LIKE IT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try slowly adding more and more cows mild to the formula, untill you are all cows milk..
    jennna

Answer by jennna at 10:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• totally agree. that's what we did for our daughter. and now are doing the same for our son. good luck.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• LIKE INSTEAD OF USING WATER FOR THE FORMULA USE MILK?
    Anonymous

• Give her a sippy cup with water and forget the cow milk (unless she is a baby cow). cow milk is for baby cows, and humans don't need it. Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. While cow mild is rich in protein, the kind of protein that is contains is casein, while human milk protein is lactalbumin, with is easily digestible; more the 50% of casein isn’t digested and can cause health problems later in life, like food allergies. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 10:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• SHE WILL NOT DRINK A LOT OF WATER AT ALL.. NEVER HAS! I OFFER HER A SIPPY CUP WITH WATER IN IT ABOUT 4 TIMES THRU OUT THE DAY SHE SUCKS ON IT FOR A SECOND THEN CHUNKS HER CUP LOL..
    Anonymous

• I would do exactly what the other moms have said and give her like 1 part milk, 7 parts formula - for a few days and then after she's good with that then add more milk - 2 parts milk, 6 parts formula. It might take her a bit but I think you'll find much success! :)

Best of luck and Happy First Birthday! :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 10:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2009