what to make for lunch on weekends?

so it seams like every weekend i make the same thing for lunch.... sandwich's... blah blah blah... and every now and then i might make hot dogs or nachos ... any new idea's moms? something fast and easy, not like a dinner meal...

jennna

Asked by jennna at 10:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Taco salad....chili over baked potatoes.....pulled pork sandwiches and macaroni salad. We tend to eat our heavy meal at noon on the weekends then snacky light something for supper
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Sometimes I make pizzas on pita bread or english muffins, I have an easy quiche recipe that I like to serve with soup, Quesadillas with Taco Soup. Often I plan ahead and make something like sloppy joes, or chili on Friday or Saturday night, and make enough for leftovers for lunch the next day. Stuffed baked potatoes with broccoli, chicken and cheese on top. Or I'll do a "leftover buffet" to use up dinner leftovers from earlier in the week. Very often dinner leftovers make great sandwiches in the sandwich maker. Such as chicken divan sandwiches, roast leftovers, even spaghetti sandwiches believe it or not!!! Think outside the box and you'll come up with lots of ideas.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• We eat things like chili and sloppy joes on the weekends; though we eat leftovers, too. Send me a message offlist if you would like recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• oh i love to cook bowtie pasta, then i drain off most of the water, leaving enough to make a thick sauce, and then i add a packet of that lipton dry noodle soup mix and simmer for about 5 minutes. you can always add water if needed. it just makes a nice lunch, served with toasted french bread w/ butter. yummy!
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 9:19 AM on Oct. 29, 2009