do you buy your baby christmas gifts or let everyone else do it?

(NO RUDE PPL PLEASE) my baby will be 2 months old at christmas. i know my parents and other family will buy him stuff, but should i buy him stuff too? i'm a single mom and i only work part-time. I will probably get him a few little toys, i'm just not sure if i'm expected to spend a ton of money on him. he has everything he needs and then some and it's not like he can actually open the gifts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would agree with you on you only buying a few things for the baby. After all, it is his first Christmas, and everyone will get him tons of stuff I'm sure. So don't feel like you should splurge on him this year. He'll be okay, and besides, he won't remember anyways unless you take pictures of him to look back on. Don't worry hun, he'll be just fine.
    loveme2

Answer by loveme2 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I agree a few small things because he won't even realize or remember
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• of cours only a few toys to help him with development anything that has lights or plays music with my daughter they will watch lights for hours.
    they wont even remember it so dont stress about it anyway when you work more when your son gets older you will be able to shower him with gifts (and he will remember!!! and hopefuly thank you haha) xxx
    summersmummy09

Answer by summersmummy09 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• For our kids first Christmas we just got them a first christmas ornament and a stocking with their name on it. They were too little to open presents and didn't really need anything. All of our relatives did spoil them so they got lots of presents anyway.
    Anonymous

• Our daughter was two months old last Christmas and money was pretty tight so we only bought her an ornament for Babies First Christmas that we can have as a momento but we didn't buy her anything else, really. We just made sure we had a nice time with all of our family and everyone was together, and frankly, we really appreciated the families gifts to her and she got some things that would have been hard for us to afford. Babies this young don't even really know what's going on in regards to Christmas so I don't think my daughter missed out on anything, nor would yours.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I buy my babies some things, but you certainly don't have to, he's not going to know or care. I learned my lesson with my son's 2nd Christmas though, we went to visit some relatives for a few days and brought almost nothing for him to play with thinking he would get toys for Christmas. Nope, not a single toy in fact he got hardly anything at all if I remember correctly. But it's not so important at 2 months old. Even at 1 he didn't know or care, I just didn't have much to entertain him with.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Oh and I don't know if you buy clothes ahead at all, but if you do. One thing I did at my daughter's first Christmas (she was about 1 month old) was wrap up some clothes that I had bought in the next size up just so that she could have pictures with some presents and make it look like I bought her some stuff. I think all she got was some clothes and a stuffed animal.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2009