DO you think Human Nature is Good or Evil? This isn't a debate...

I'm writing a paper for one of my classes about Human Nature. My opinion is that Human Nature is more bad than good. I wanted to get some opinions from you guys... Your help is much appreciated ;-) What do you think? I don't want to start a bashing contest here, because i know how opinionated you ladies get... i really want to know, i'm writing a paper on it, so any answer is a good answer ;-) I don't really want any answers that have to do with religion... thats all i seem to be finding ... i just want some opinions or maybe even good places to do more research...

peenut0602

Asked by peenut0602 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I think that society has swayed human nature away from the "good" side a little.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 10:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Since you don't want religion involved I will post Anon so that you won't be influenced by my religion and beliefs....

I believe that human nature would be more bad than good, but then again that is also subjective to how you personally define both bad and good.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I think human nature is basically good. People can be very self centered, but you can see when a disaster strikes, that most people, even those with very little want to help others. We jump to the aid of hurricane victims, earthquake victims, children suffering even far away. If you look through the posts here on cafemom you will see places where a mom cries out for help.....one who is abused, or very young and needs help, when who is battling depression, and moms reach out to help them. Of course there are those who are mean-spirited, or demeaning, but I think that those people have probably been treated badly themselves, or have suffered in some way, and have put up a tough protective shell. I truly do believe that most people are good, sometimes you have to dig deep to find it, but it's there at the core.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Well, stupid me, I forgot to hit the Anon button, lol!!!!!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• haha
    peenut0602

Answer by peenut0602 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• DO you think Human Nature is Good or Evil?
    I believe that it is both. And neither.
    is nature, just good old mother nature, good or evil? ...well, that's your answer.

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Darwin; that is what I believe good or bad.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2009