question about 32w2days ultrasound findings(PLEASE PLEASE READ)

well first off the doctor told me they didnt see it on my 19week6day ultrasound but i guess she is seeing it now...here is the summary of ultrasound findings...1.The fetal anatomy appears normal.,2. Asymmetric fetal growth with small abdomen and femur.,3. High S/D ratio on the umbilical artery for gestational age...my questions are manly on 2 and 3 if u have herd this or know anything about it ne thing to ease my mind would help...

excitedmomma2be

Asked by excitedmomma2be at 10:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I do know that a small femur can be a sign of Down Syndrome...it is routine for them to measure the femur to check for that. I'm not sure what a small abdomen means. A high SD ratio basically means that there is a resistance in the umbillical cord and that your baby is recieving blood at a slower rate than normal. That could mean a smaller baby...but if everything else seems fine and your doctor isn't too concerned than relax. Good luck!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• http://parenting.ivillage.com/pregnancy/pcomplications/0,,midwife_3pvb,00.html

Here is a link that I hope helps you a bit...Good Luck!

AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 10:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2009