How to get rid of my baby's gum pains

my baby is three years old. i brush her teeth three to four times everynight. well my baby gums swelled up and they are red. its really hard to brush her teeth now because they hurt her so bad and i dont know what to do. i know that best thing to do is to get insurance but i have been waiting for almost six months for it. it is hard getting health insurance for my baby. are there any home remedies i can do to help ease my baby's pain? if anyone could help me on this i would really appreciated!!! Thanks and have a good one.

Bridge7

Asked by Bridge7 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Kids' Health

• let her swish salt water in her mouth and spit it out...it should help.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Sounds like you are over brushing. You need to brush lightly for about two minutes (if she will let you) in the morning and again at night. Twice a day, for a total of four minutes. Use only non-fluoride toothpaste at this age.

shay1130 is right, if she has an infection of the gums.

As for needing insurance, try calling dentists in your area that take children your daughter's age. Tell them you would need to be on a payment plan since you don't have insurance.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 10:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Does your state have a child's health plan that you can get? Call your local social services to see if there is a dental clinic happening soon. Have her rinse with warm salt water several times per day to relieve any infection. If they are hurting her, get some Ambesol to rub on them.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Hylands teething tabs and a frozen, damp washcloth

Answer by rkoloms at 11:12 AM on Oct. 29, 2009