Im 47

Im 47 and will be 48 soon.Im fat and unmotivated.I go to work and school.Im losing all zest for life fast.I dont even have th time to do the things I enjoy and Im not all that sure what I do enjoy anymore.Help! Any advice?Be nice please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Health

• Does anything sound inspiring at all? When you are happy, what makes you happy? Sometimes, for me, it's a latte and a walk in the morning. Other times it's a vacation someplace I've been saving for like the Caribbean. Sometimes, it's sitting in front of Grey's Anatomy with a glass of wine or taking an art class. Can you narrow down something and do it? Also, I have been a sloth my whole life until three years ago when I started to walk. This year I added pilates (at home) and running very short distances. I say this, because exercise can really help change the way you feel. I never believed it until I finally stuck to a routine of walking. I'm sorry you're having a hard time. It's now that you need to refocus on yourself, your health and what makes your heart sing. Good luck.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• It sounds as though you are burning out. This can cause lack of energy and loss of interest. Get as much sleep as you can, make sure you are eating a nutritious diet and drinking enough water. It would be a good idea to get checked out by a doctor to make sure you don't have a medical problem contributing to your lack of energy. If you can get yourself to walk even 10 minutes a day- even just around the inside of your house, or better, outside. or around the block even once, every day, it might help. You could build up as your energy gets stronger. Can you cut back on the amount of school, if burnout is the problem?

Answer by Bmat at 10:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I turned 48 in July, and changed my lifestyle at the beginning of August. I've lost 27 pounds, and I'm still losing. I've quit eating any refined carbs, white potatoes, and I'm only eating whole grains, lean proteins and lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. I'm excercising an hour a day, walking, dancing in my living room or doing aerobics ( I built up to that slowly, and my goal is 2 hours a day). I can't tell you how much better I feel, I have more energy, my pms is better, my cholesterol is down, I feel amazing, and I certainly don't feel 48!! message me if you'd like to talk!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I agree with Bmat. I think you have too much "scheduled" time. You need to stop and smell the roses, dear.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 10:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I'm 46 and a few years ago I lost some weight, got a new hair style, bought new clothes and ditched the boring plain white bras and knickers and only wear sexy bras and thongs now.  I got a tattoo and am getting my third one tomorrow.  I look and feel 10 years younger and I have confidence that shows.  I even have men hitting on me.  

Find the time for YOU! 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I just love the fact that you all have taken time to assist me in my problem.Thank you ,thank you, thank you! I am going to try all these good pieces of advice and will let you all have an update.
    Anonymous

• MENOPAUSE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:53 AM on Nov. 4, 2009