can i give my 2 week old baby tylenol for bad diaper rash?

i was just wondering.. also i just bought some triple paste .. my aunt used it and it worked really good with her daughter .. my son just cry soo bad when i change his diapers i feel soo bad for him :(

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my son was born three years ago my pediatrician gave me some samples of Calmoseptene. This stuff works like magic. Rash is gone by the next day. It is available over the counter without a precription but they keep it behind the counter so just ask the pharmacist for it. As for Tylenol, my doctor let me give it to my babies when they were just a few days old. You can't give Motrin until they are six months but Tylenol is fine. In my opinion, pain is pain. Treat the rash but treat his pain as well. Tylenol won't completely get rid of his pain but it will take the edge off. I'm serious about the Calmoseptene. I can't begin to tell you all things this stuff is good for. Burns, rashes, sores, you name it. I've tried just about everything on the market until my doctor gave me this stuff and now it's the only thing I've bought in three years.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 12:10 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• yes use desitin or whatever u bought her for the diaper rash. No dont give her tylenol give her baby benadryl
    Butterflykiss15

Answer by Butterflykiss15 at 11:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I'd call his doctor and ask just to be sure. I gave my son tylenol because he had a sore throat but not until he was a month old...and I gave him hardly any at all. Also, I use strictly A & D ointment on my son's bottom and his little butt isn't even a shade of pink! It works great! And the Walgreens brand is like $3! Also try using Pampers Sensitive wipes.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Check with your Dr. before you give an infant that young any medication. Use the triple paste and change that diaper often.
    Anonymous

• what will benedral do for him? does it have pain reliever? yeah im gonna try triple paste the next time i change him and see how that works out.. ive been using pamper swadlers diapers and sensitve wipes too .. i change him pretty often .. when i hear him poop he keeps going like every 2 mins so i just let him poop it out .. this is proly whats causing him bad rash .. its not that bad but his lil butt is very red :(
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• why would u give them meds and not just cream? Not tryiing to be rude i just have never herd of that. i know targets brand worked the best on my son though
    FcknReady2Party

Answer by FcknReady2Party at 11:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't. I just put breastmilk on my baby's diaper rash. It's a cure all. :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I would keep his diaper off of him so air can get to his bottom.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 11:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• no meds at this age....at least not for this....esp not benadryl!
    I always loved desitin creamy. Slather on the stuff (or whatever u choose)...change his diaper often...better yet, put towels down and let him go without a diaper and let him air out.
    I used diaper rash cream with each diaper change-whether he needed it or not....
    If it doesn't improve, consult your pediatrician...
    Anonymous