Two periods in one month?

So, I've never been very regular w/ my periods. But usually, that manifests in missing a period or two (I've been diagnosed w/ PCOS, so that explained the missed periods). BUT, the last few months I've gotten the PCOS under control and my periods became regular, for the first time almost ever. Then, this month, I started my period on the 11th, and it ended on the 20th. Then it started again today! How is that possible? I've never had two so close together - doesn't that make this cycle like, 17 days long? Is that even possible? And I've never heard of PCOS making periods too frequent, only too far apart. So, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had experience w/multiple periods in a month, and what, if any, explanation there was for it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Health

• My period generally run 21 to 28 days, but I've even had them 14 days apart. My doctor's solution when I was a teenager was to put me on the pill to regulate them. I didn't like the side effects, so when I got older I quit taking it. They also did DNC's which helped temporarily. I just live with it at this point.......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• wow that just happened to me t oo this month exact dates and everything
    FcknReady2Party

Answer by FcknReady2Party at 11:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I just looked this up for myself. Anything outside your period is considered abnormal vaginal bleeding, that could be relavant to cysts, and several other gynecological ailments. Go to a doctor and get it checked out. I am in so much pain right now, and I used to just get the bleeding. Now it just hurts while it's happening. I wish I had known to get it checked sooner!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• ...maybe there was just still some blood left that needed to come out ...that can happen if you use tampons, was it dark brown colored?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• No, it was light brown at first, then pink, so I thought I might have been pregnant and it was implantation bleeding, but now it is DARK red, with lots of little clots (sorry, TMI). But it isn't really "flowing", but it is definitely a "period"... I think...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Oct. 29, 2009