How do i get over a divorce?

Is there a secret to get over a divorce? My soon to be ex husband left, i have found out there cheating going on, and i still hurt. I'm not sure, i'm trying my best to do what i can for my son. I was a stay at home mother and now i am starting all over again. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have already found out he is moving on sleeping with other women. I'm just not sure how to be strong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• get a good support system and when you figure it out message me and let me knw
    FcknReady2Party

Answer by FcknReady2Party at 11:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Check in your community for a divorce support group, it can be really helpful. as the previous poster said, put together a good support system. The other thing is, get out and do things. Take your son to do things, find new activities to do, and when your son visits his dad, if he does, get out with friends, or go do things that you enjoy doing, pamper yourself a little. The more active you are, the easier it is to get through. That being said, it's okay to go to bed and cry every now and then, just give yourself a time limit, try not to let it get out of hand or affect your son. Good Luck.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I went through the same thing..it's going to suck for awhile....try and be strong in front of your son....surround yourself with supportive family and friends and get a damn good lawyer! I did end up going to a counselor and taking an anti-depressant-both helped me a great deal. I would advise at least going to a counselor. I found the more I talked about it, the easier it got.

Make sure you keep records of everything that goes on right now...get copies of all your financial statements....open a checking account in your name only....keep a journal of each conversation you have with your ex-esp anything having to do with your son.

If you don't already have temp orders in place, keep track of all your expenses-esp the common items that he may or may not be helping you pay.

Anonymous

• cont: DON'T DATE! one, you aren't ready and two, it looks bad to the court. There is a double standard in our court systems-the guy can cheat, get another woman pregnant etc but if the mom even think about dating-the judge doesn't like it.

Try and get rest and eat well--it'll be hard! Get out and pamper yourself...take walks...go to a movie.

You are better off without a guy who cheats and would leave you and your son!!! You will realize it one day-promise! You deserve better and you can make it through!!! Be strong!!! Think of your son and make this new life of yours the best it can be.

You can be anything you want to be now--it's a tremendous feeling once you realize it!!!

Hang in there..............hugs!
    Anonymous