Any pregnant women here who changed their minds and decided to get the H1N1 vacine?

I was really against getting it but after considering the risk of the swine flu(especially being pregnant) I have decided to go ahead with it.

tickled_pink09

Asked by tickled_pink09 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah, I'm normally the type that waits for a vaccination to be out for a year or two before getting it....but like you said the risks of the swine flue are much higher for a pregnant woman.

...and I learned it was the same ingredients as the seasonal flue shot (which I get all the time) so that took away most of my worries and I got it.

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I'm not getting it. I'm 27 weeks pregnant. If you look in the package insert, you will find it says it was never tested on pregnant women and they have no idea if it will do fetal harm...and it also hasn't been tested for it's ability to cause cancer. Pass.
    H1N1 does scare me a lil bit for my sake, but vaccines scare me more.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• im 32 weeks and im not getting it. I hear all these people say its just like the seasonal flu shot but with a diffrent strain. If it was just as safe then how come ppl have died from getting the shot alone. There was one lady that was on the news that is messed up from it. I dont know. I guess everything has risks. All i can say is do what you feel is right for your family. I know that the swine flu shot is not for mine. My 2 year old is home with me everyday and i dont work. I am a sanatize queen where ever we go. I think we will be okay.its all in gods hands.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 7:59 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• the only reason you would die from it was if you are allergic to Chickens and Eggs other wise you should get it. I'm getting it, just cus lots of people around here are getting it.
    Anonymous

• god has nothing to do with it, a disease is a disease, god didnt make it!
    Anonymous