Ovarian cysts or cancer of the uterus? I'm really scared, and I'm in a lot of pain!

So, I checked my symptoms, swelling of abdominal area, abnormal bloody vaginal discharge, back pain, cramping, ongoing pain, fainting, fatigue. All symptoms add up to both. My gramma died at 35 from uterine cancer and they did find cysts on my ovaries. I hopes it's just that. I'm in so much pain right now. I have no insurance and been to er twice already. All they do is give me stuff for pain and send me home and tell me to see a doctor. No one will see me without ins. I have a serious manager test in the morning, and a managment interview on friday and don't get off until sunday. I'm trying so hard to keep it together! What should I do!! I'm freaking out!

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You need to go to the doctor. I had cysts on my ovaries and those are EXTREMELY painful. I was doubled over for hours in pain and finally went to the ER. They didn't do anything but prescribe me pain meds and tell me to check with my doc within a couple days. It's horrible. You need to see a regular doctor b/c they need to do ultrasounds to see if the cyst is getting bigger. My doctor told me ALL women get cysts, some just have a problem where they won't go away by themselves. It's very important for you to find a way to get to a doctor to get this checked out. Good Luck.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• You need to go see a doctor.
    Relax. Stressing isn't going to help you at all, if anything, it will only make things worse.

And really, is try to avoid an outrageous medical bill really worth your life? I don't think so.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• i have PCOS - poly cystic ovarian syndrome....it is where cysts grow on your ovaries and cause alot of pain...and alot of other symptoms ( look it up and see if you are having more of them) ...the cysts dont ( most of the time) mean anything...and can usually get better with things like birth control...........but I am also worried about ovarian cancer ( but i ave an idiot DR. who said he doesnt see a point in checking me since he already knows i have cysts..even though my grandma died from it ) ......

Maybe you could make a DR appt. and tell them you pay out of pocket...and tell them you will put a "down payment" and give them as much as you can...sometiems you can do that...

or try to get a medical card...i am not sure how long it takes people to get them though....

honeslty i have thought about "faking" more pain that i am in, and going to the ER so they could give me a more extensive check then my dr will...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• also....if you do have a cyst and alot of pain -- they can rupture, causing alot of pain and make you bleed....if you feel nausiated or anything, you really should go back to the ER...it can kill you quickly !

glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• see if you can make payment arrangements with a doctor ( sometimes they will do this, especially when a doctor is part of a bigger hospital ), it's very important you be seen.
    Aniyunwiya

Answer by Aniyunwiya at 12:17 AM on Oct. 29, 2009