I think I am a shopoholic.........seriously!?!?

Okay, I love to shop. But what young woman doesn't. But I seriously have a big problem. I am spending money that we don't have. I have not told my husband. I plan on it..........but I am so scared to even start that conversation! But I am wondering if anyone here on cafemom knows of a group for someone like me! Like a support group to get out of that habit! I have looked on here but all I can come up with is groups talking about where sales are and such. Nothing about actually not shopping and trying not to shop, If anyone can help me it would mean the world to me! Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Shopping

• I found this site online (http://www.shopaholicsanonymous.org/) and I think you may be able to start by looking for books at your library or bookstore?? Maybe start out by learning about why you need to shop and why it feels good even though you don't have the money, then you can maybe look harder in your area and find a support group. Also, google it and see if there in an online group or chat room! Good luck! Hope I helped a little.
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 12:34 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I'm right there with you. I tried to join a SA group and all they did was send me coupons and the links to sample sales. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• all I can tell you is stay outta the stores girl let your dh go do the shopping :)
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2009