so why is it a big deal when?

first of all i don't want any bashing.....
i was just wondering.....there are ppl who are in a relationship for a long time, they've moved in together and have children but when it comes to marriage they get scared and back down....why?....i just don't get it..................or even ppl who are in a relationship when they are sleeping together but too scared to get married?....why do they then make a big deal about marriage?.....

fay101

Asked by fay101 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• i agree i mean you already have a bond for life when their are kids involved.. i guess they go by the old saying why buy the cow when u can have the milk for free

mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 12:05 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I agree...I get living together but having kids and not being married??? Call me old fashioned but I don't agree with it...
    Anonymous

• idk...I too never got why people could live together 25+ years and never get married...

But young people that have a baby and don't get married and live together is pretty common these days, don't know the actual stats of how long they stay together or how long till they actually get married.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• It's easier to walk away from a relationship when you don't have a marriage binding you.. When you marry you have to go through a divorce and all that crap so it just adds on to something that is already hard to do in the first place.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 11:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• A marriage is a commitment ... A forever process. Its easier to walk awy from a relationship... And they feel a marriage is another reason for us to nag and brag! Divorces are a pain and expensive! Plus there are custody battles property battles. Marriage is a big step... I can name a list of reasons why marriage is a pain. But when you both are commited then its a blessing and fun and wonderful!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• My s/o and I have been together for 11 years, have 2 children (ages 6 and 8) and we are not married. We aren't "scared" to get married, just see no purpose in it. We are in a commited relationship and we love one another that's all that matters. That piece of paper is just that, a piece of paper. People are going to what they want, married or not. That piece of paper does not stop someone from cheating or breaking up. I was married for 6 years and my husband was abusive and cheated on me almost the entire time.
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 12:11 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Look up the word commitaphobic.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:32 AM on Oct. 29, 2009