Question about being an Avon Rep?

I'm a SAHM and really like Avon's products so I was wondering what it takes to sell Avon. I was just wondering about fees to start and what the obligations are. Anyone a rep for Avon that could enlighten me? Thanks!

Bears.Mommy

Asked by Bears.Mommy at 11:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• I did it for about 2 months. After I sold to my friends and family, I found that if I really wanted to make money I'd have to pound the pavement and go door to door or find large groups to sell too. Every 2 weeks. Not my thing (I'm not a salesperson!) I think you get money for recruiting people too, don't know how that works though.

I love Avon, I love to buy it, but selling it just wasn't for me. Good luck!!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2009

• I know it is minimal money upfront. If you are good at networking, it can be worth it. You are an independant contractor, so it is up to you how much money you make.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:39 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• ITS NOT WORTH THE MINIMUM INVESTMENT....DOOR TO DOOR IS ALOT AND THERE ARE WAY TO MANY REPS TO COMPETE AGAINST.....ONLINE NETWORKING DOESNT WORK EITHER....IF UR LOOKING 4 A BUSINESS CK OUT MY JOURNALS.......TODAY IS THE LAST DAY FOR THE SPECIALS INCLUDING MY CASHBACK SPECIAL OF MY OWN...INVEST $99 GET $45 BACK!!!!!!! PAYPAL ACCT REQUIRED
    angeleyes31376

Answer by angeleyes31376 at 6:13 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Avon is just everywhere....makes it very hard to sell. I ended up with Mia Bella's. There are no other reps in my area so what I offer is different and people just love the products! You can check out my website, http://www.howreb.scent-team.com This isn't for everyone but I have made good money with it. Good luck!

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:33 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• There are a lot of reps out there. Can I suggest another WAH opportunity? I don't know if you are in my area...if not, you can speak with anyone else to help you into the business. If you have any questions, you can also message me and I'd be delighted to fill you in on the details.

It's called Premier Designs and they sell high fashion jewelry. You get 50% commission on all you sell regardless of the amount. There are no quotas or inventory. I have fun with it and know of several women who are successful staying at home (I work full time-military...this is my fun money!) with their children doing this.

If you want to more I can help you out and find a jeweler in your area should you wish to go any further with this. :-)
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 9:29 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I looked into this....... cheap t start up... but not so cheap to always buy the new campaign catalogs and redistribute them all the time...

Plus, there is so many people that its difficult....especially with so many things readily available now in target, walmart etc.....

I chose Scentsy.... I actually make money instead putting money into it. I am a leader now and love it!

www.wicklesschic.com
    Kahne

Answer by Kahne at 10:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2009