Does anyone NOt celebrate Halloween?

IM confused on what to think of it bc of its orgins and the trick or treating part just creeps me out considering theres lots of sex offenders in my city> what do you think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Um go trick or treating in the church or at the mall. My niece and son can't go trick or treating cause both of their fathers never celebrated the holiday. Her fathers a douche and my babies father is paranoid
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 12:01 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• i don't but it's simply bc i'm cheap
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• We do not celebrate Halloween. It is more of a religious thing because of its orgins. Believe it or not I have only went trick or treating once in my 26 years. It was never a big deal to me
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• if youre having reservations about going, then dont go. Its a holiday that has been commercialized and has pagan roots. if youre not the least bit comfy, dont go. I never celebrate the holidays because of their pagan roots and me or my kids never miss out on anything. some people feel bad for my kids because they dont get gifts on xmas, but my kids get stuff all the time just for being them. I just got my teenager an Ipod touch a few months back wrapped up and everything. she's happy, your kids will be just fine without halloween.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• it's just a day of fun for the kids....I know some people don't b/c of religious reasons, but I am fine with it...I have great memories of it growing up.
    There are sex offender everywhere and technically they are not allowed to even open their door on halloween but I think if you go with your kids and watch what they get (throw away anything not prepackaged) you are safe...
    Go out and have fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• i love holidays. i celebrate every holiday.my daughter is so excited for halloween this year, and santa. but to each their own really.
    Anonymous

• I love Halloween, it's my favorite holiday. That being said, I am very careful where I take my son. Right now we are really lucky because my husbands work puts on a trick or treat for the kids. If we didn't have that, down town has trick or treat at the fire station, police station, etc. I would probably go to that. We don't do house to house trick or treating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I don't.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:19 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I did when my sons were little but now that I don't have anyone home to T & T I don't even decorate. Maybe once I have grandchildren who come by to T & T I will but for now it's pointless.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• We don't make a huge deal over it. We let the kids dress up and go out. We don't decorate or go crazy with expensive stuff. This year my DD and her BFF are taking my youngest around to the neighbors. Then they have a party.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:53 AM on Oct. 29, 2009