okay im freaking OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have this thing called pica. when you eat non eatable items. etc. Well mine is dirt, ive been having it for 5 years but now im preg. i did it for about the first 5 months, then stopped. Could my baby have a disorder due to this? I know its late but I just thought of it, i didnt before, b/c its jst dirt? hasnt hurt me, BUT MY BABY!!!!!!!!! omg, please anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Depends what was in the dirt. Did you -buy- dirt that you ate or did you eat dirt like in your yard?

If taxoplasmosis was in the dirt from animal pooh that could be an issue.. but I really think you are right. It's just dirt.

I think your baby will be just fine..
    JamesAndMe

Answer by JamesAndMe at 12:24 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• i would say that your baby is fine unless you think the dirt you was eating was contaminated by something such as pestisides(sp?)

but talk to your doctor just in case.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/eid/vol9no8/03-0033.htm
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I think your baby is fine but I would make sure your OB is aware of your condition and history
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Doesn't eating dirt signal an iron deficiency? I would definitely talk to my doctor about your concerns. Maybe you could take an iron supplement?
    caelynandcody

Answer by caelynandcody at 12:32 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Sweethart, you are going to be fine, and your baby as well, It sucks, having had a brother who did the same thing, I know you are worried but, all is well, I would like to suggest a counseler to talk to you! Good luck, and you are not alone---just so you know dear B ended up being a doctor!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Oct. 29, 2009