If you are divorced...

...how did you feel on the day you finally threatened divorce? Me and my husband are going through a lot of problems right now-all kinds. I feel like we are roommates and not married. No romance, no sex, he won't spend time with me, it's like nothing. It feels like we don't even have a relationship. Tonight we had this fight for like the millionth time. I cried and cried and kept explaining to him why I am so upset. And he kept saying he didn't understand, and kept wanting me to tell him what to do. I feel like if I tell him, then I might as well do it myself. I am heartbroken. I don't know what to do. We can't afford marriage counseling.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• If you divorce him he is definitely not going to do what you want him to do and worse yet he will get a new girlfriend while you are struggling. This can't be what you want. Take it from someone who knows. It's better to stop the pity party and listen to him and try to work together while you are still married.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• counseling is a hell of alot cheaper and easier than divorce! trust me! But if you really can't take it anymore, you have to at least separate to get some sort of perspective on things....I wouldn't threaten divorce-you either do it or don't....
    I would say take a break from each other and get some help!! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I felt fed up. I was doing everything anyway and he was out cheating so I flat out told him it was over. There was no chance for us but if there is a chance for you two then you should take it. See if there is a counselor who works on a sliding scale fee. If you have no money then you pay no money.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:31 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• You probably won't happier after the divorce. It's hard. I'm not judging you, I've been there.
    Call around there are places to go for therapy that base the payment on how much you make. I couldn't get mine to go to therapy. :o(
    Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Oct. 29, 2009