Does anyone know anything about tax law?

I'm trying to figure out how much of my paycheck goes to taxes. My employer fired his payroll company back in July and since then we haven't gotten pay stubs. I took one of my old stubs and figured out the percentage and if my math is correct about 11.35 % of my check is taxes. I'm just really frustrated right now because we're all pretty sure he is shorting us money on our checks. Is it even legal for him not to give us stubs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• uh no.....
    granted we all need our jobs these days but you have the right to see your stubs...
    I would talk to HR--if you don't get a good answer, consider going to a superior in the company or reporting them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• HAVE U EVER HEARD OF PREPAID LEGAL? INVEST $16 A MONTH AND BE ABLE TO SPEAK TO A LAWYER 24 HRS A DAY FOR ANY REASON, THEY CAN WRITE LETTERS ON UR BEHALF, GET A FREE WILL, LOOK OVER CONTRACTS BEFORE YOU SIGN, & MORE...LOOK OVER MY PROFILE FOR MORE INFO AND IF INTERESTED PM ME
    angeleyes31376

Answer by angeleyes31376 at 6:16 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• There should be a state agency you can call. But 10-11% is pretty typical.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• You should be entitled to see how you get paid. 11.35% sounds kinda low to me but it could be your exemptions, etc. If you don't have an HR department - go to who ever is your supervisior and ask to see how they come to your figure on your paycheck.
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 11:05 AM on Oct. 29, 2009