harry potter...

I love the books more than the movie cause of the details! Do you love harry potter? And is it bad to let my baby watch it? My family thinks its damonic!!! But I don't think its bad! I love children movies and cartoons it makes me feel like a kid again and how much real it looks compared to the past.. I especially love disney movies like pocahontas and mulan!

christinkie

Asked by christinkie at 1:03 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Entertainment

• I do like Harry Potter
    But my boys are almost 4 and almost 5 and i will not let them watch the movies. there are some scenes that are too violent and i dont allow violent TV in our house.
    However, in another 2 or 3 years i will begin to read the books to them. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:06 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Its not demonic! thats ridiculous :) I think its fine- my kids 7, 5, and 2 all like to sit down and watch Harry potter. I have read the books and own the movies and I think they are fine as long as if your children get scared or have questions you talk to them about how it is make believe.
    Jezture

Answer by Jezture at 1:06 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Demonic. Pthththththt. There are more demonic people in the congregations of some churches.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:09 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I think the later movies are little too scary for little children.

But at an age where they can handle it, yeah, I think they're great...and I agree, the books are better.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Yeah, I am a fan of HP. My dd has been watching the movies since she was 2 and now she is reading through the books. It's not demonic. It's good.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I enjoy the HP series but I will not let my children read or watch them until they are about 8 or 9 probably. The books are just too graphic for the youth mind imo.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:29 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with the books or the movies. I love the books and I like the movies, but I'll always like the books more. There is nothing demonic about Harry Potter. A young child might be frightened by the dragons/creatures in the movie or some of the fighting though.

It gets me kinda mad, when people call books demonic or bad, without even reading them and learning what they are about. At least Rowling keeps to the "mythological facts" when she writes. Unlike some people....

http://www.spunkybean.com/commentary/1039-top-10-reasons-why-harry-potter-is-better-than-twilight
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 12:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2009