What are your planned childcare arrangements?

NO JUDGING HERE (least not by me)

We are TTC and want to keep our child out of daycare, I would ask my mom to watch my child (she works part time), but i don't want to impose (she has her own life) too. Luckily, my SO has a job where he can be flexible (if needed) with his hours, we were thinking of working (somewhat) opposite shifts (ie, i work 9-5, he works 6-2 etc). What kind of arrangement do you have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I work Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 4PM to 4AM... My SO works Monday through Friday from 6AM to about 6PM... on fridays though he can get off a little earlier so that I can get to work on time!!! His boss is understanding since its only once a week and his job can work around it!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 1:44 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I put mine in daycare. I tried the opposite shift thing and we had ZERO time all together as a family - even when we had a day off at the same time our sleep cycles were not in sinc. For my family it was a miserable existence. My sister and her husband always do the opposite shift thing and they are ok with it. I think what works is different for everyone, and also sometimes you have to do something temporarily that is not what you prefer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Oct. 29, 2009