Swine Flu or seasonal flu?!?!? Please help me

Ok Well I have all the flu symptoms but I Do not have a fever. I have real bad body aches, head ache, cough, runny nose!!!! Do you guys think it's just the regular flu or the swine flu??? Please help me...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Health

• did it come on slowly or suddenly?
    Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 3:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Every thing came day by day. Like the first day I got a head ache nd a stuffy nose. the next day I got all that plus a runny nose nd threw up snot. yuck.. then since last night I got a real sore body. I mean REAL SORE, every thing hurts but now my nose isn't running or stuffy and just have a sore throat and a sore body..
    Tara04

Answer by Tara04 at 3:10 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Could be either. Don't panic. Drink plenty of water and take some Echinacia/Elderberry.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:52 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• It doesn't matter which it is. The flu is the flu. If you go to the doctor they treat both the same. Since it has been longer than 48 hours since onset, just drink plenty of fluids and rest.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:43 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Does it matter what your virus is called?

Get some elderberry syrup, if you don't have any: The FDA criticized the manufacturer of Tamiflu for "overstatement" of claims of efficacy, since blind studies comparing it to a placebo only resulted in a 1.3 day difference. A study on Sambucol (Elderberry) found a 3-4 day difference in duration of symptoms.

For cough and sore throat, make a syrup with equal parts of honey (antibacterial) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory)

Answer by rkoloms at 9:47 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Statistically it is probably NEITHER. Independent research from CBS news revealed that 83% of the cases tested for Swine flu in the selected states were not Swine flu or regular Influenza. People are freaking out as soon as they get sick and everyone has "flu like" symptoms when in reality, they likely have a regular old fall/winter virus. The mainstream media has created hysteria around Swine flu with the daily stories and showing people all lined up to get their vaccines. The CDC itself has said the flu has already peaked yet they are still pushing everyone to get those vaccinations since they cost our government and us an arm and a leg.
    happySAHMmomof2

Answer by happySAHMmomof2 at 10:53 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Flu's come on SUDDENLY like you are fine and then bam your super sick. Colds come on slow one day a stuffy nose then a cough and so on, my guess is you have a nasty cold.
    Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2009