would this bug you?

My husband talks to a woman he met at one of his jobs, he met her after me- they're not old friends but they act like it. He invited her to our wedding after knowing her for only 2 weeks, I don't really like her- i'm not sure why she just bugs me. (i wouldn't like her even if i had met her another time, situation and place) she's never asked for my phone # even though I've talked to her on countless times but she calls and texts my hubby all the time. my hubby always refers to her and her fiance but he doesn't have her fiance's phone # and he never talks to him. tonight she sent him one of the dumb txt forwards about telling everyone you love them. This is just getting to me. I would tell hubby to stop talking to her but her Fiance has cancer so i feel bad for doing this... IDK should this relationship between her and my hubby bug me????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, it would bug me. There are boundaries when you are married and have friends of the opposite sex. If the friend does not respect it, then you will have the uneasy feeling. Tell DH that it makes you uncomfortable, and could he please back way off from her. Tell him you don't have any solid reason why, but that you are uncomfortable. If he is decent, he will understand that, particularly if you ask him would this bother him were the situation reversed.

If you feel she is crossing boundaries, then she is. Doesnt matter if DH doesn't think so - if you feel that way, that is how you feel. He needs to respect that, even if he disagrees. She should be focusing that energy on her sick F, not your DH. Ask DH how he would have felt if you had male friends sending that to you. Or if you were sending it to male friends.

Sometimes people don't realize where their spouses comfort level is with opposite sex friends.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 5:48 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• It would bother me.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:20 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• It would bother me too. Especially when she doesn't have your number and her say the I love you in so many words.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:22 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I am not a jealous person and my husband has lots of female friends; but every now and then he will meet someone new and they will just rub me the wrong way. Usually when I have this feeling I act on it now, because the few times I didn't my feeling were proven right.
    As long as you know these are honest (not jealousy or something like that) there is probably a reason for it. I would just ask your husband to tone it down a bit with her because she makes you feel uncomfortable. He should be able to respect that because you are not telling him to stop being her friend just to respect your feeling on the matter
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 4:24 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• thank you for being understanding!!! i don't know what to do or say to him, he'll probably just think i'm trying to be controlling- I thought it was really inappropriate for her to say that even in a forward! i mean he's a married man and she's gonna be married soon. we're not kids in junior high and i just think that the situation is wrong. BTW sorry for being annon i didn't mean to hit the button.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 4:26 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• She is crossing the line. Tell him to cut the hs antics out. She needs to grow up and leave your husband alone. Show up at the job in a a nice outfit and make sure that she sees you. Then go out for lunchwith your hubby and enjoy each others company. If she continues to act funny towards your hubby, tell her you need a minute and that he is married and to find some other dude to send love notes and texting to.Get his phone and remove her number. That is such bs behavior.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 9:28 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• yes it would bug me...why dont you ask for her number and become more friendly with her and become a pest maybe it will interfere with whatever kinda little "thing" shes got going for your hubby and she wont want him anymore
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 29, 2009