625 dead worldwide in one week. Due to the H1N1/swine flu/complications...

More than 20% increase over the previous known deaths.
Would you please make sure you have flu supplies on hand?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32690557/ns/health-swine_flu/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:22 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Well, when you quote world wide figures, it's always going to be high. Other countries don't have access to medical supplies like we do.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:38 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Also, has it been mentioned about any of these people having other illnesses which would compromise their immunities? Too often, the media omits that fact. H1N1 is just another strain of the season flu and it has a longer "staying power" on surfaces than that of other strains. If you really dig, you will see that no more have died from this than from past flus that you & I have passed off as just another seasonal flu. This is just one prime example of how the media likes to blow things out of proportion because they have nothing else to report. I agree with Autumn22 above - think of the number of people in this world. 625 really isn't that big of a number and I bet there have been more deaths from regular strains of flu worldwide. This is just mass paranoia at its best.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 6:43 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Also, I would like to add that I have known of many people who have been diagnosed with H1N1 and have been treated just like a regular strain of flu and these people are just fine. This one just lasted a little longer than most.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 6:46 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• wooo hooo!I am so glad to hear more voices of reason in this sea of flu craziness
    boogernoodle

Answer by boogernoodle at 7:04 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Flu supplies? You mean like chicken noodle soup, NyQuil, and boxes of tissues? Got it! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:15 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• ^^^^^^^^^Those supplies will not help or stop the flu symptoms associated with H1N1.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Flu supplies? You mean a barf bucket and other willing, or not so willing, victims? :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• the H1N1 is not as bad to the healthy general public like the national news says. My two nieces and sister were confirmed with it and recovered. They said that it wasn't any different than other flu experiences. Death from the virus are many those that are high risk (vaccine initially reserved for), pregnant women, very young children, elderly, and those with immunity compromised.

I will still get the vaccine when it's available for the general public in my area because I am the breadwinner of my household.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 10:09 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• On average, 117 people die each day, 819 people EACH WEEK, in the U.S. ALONE from car accidents. You are more likely to die in a car accident than from the flu. Yet people blithely load their children into automobiles on a daily basis and drive them someplace.

Just wanted to add some perspective to that number, OP. 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:10 AM on Oct. 29, 2009