Identical pregnancies and opposite genders?

Has this happened for anyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had opposite pregnancies and identical genders. both BOYS but NIGHT and DAY pregnancies.
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 5:15 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• If you mean Identical twins (Monozygotic) then yes it can happen it is just extremely rare
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 5:17 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• No I just mean identical syptoms, the way you carry, average heartrate...etc. Sorry didn't even realize it could be taken that way. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I have heard of women having that happen all the time! I have a friend who had 3 girls and 2 of her pregnancies were similar and one was very different! So yes it can happen!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:56 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• i know it's not what you were asking but i think amelora is wrong. identical twins share all genes so both would by XY or XX. fraternal twins can be opp gender of course ;)

i can't answer your question because i have one son and don't know the gender of this baby yet. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• My experience is the other way around. I have a DD and I'm 28 wks with my 2nd DD and my pregnancies have been night and day so far. I was sure I was having a boy cause I felt so different. Nope. Another girl.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 29, 2009