Christians why......?

Why are you so judgemental? Does the bible say to judge others or not to judge others? Can you give me a verse saying Christians go and judge people and their beliefs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 AM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• THANKS FOR THE ANSWERS FROM CHRISTIANS WITH THE VERSES ESPECIALLY.I KIND OF GET WHAT YOU ARE SAYING NOW
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:47 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I am By definition Christian However I am not judgmental.I am who I am and you are who you are If you are a nice, kind person I would love to be your friend. If not I choice not to associate but do not judge. That is God's job not mine and believe me I would not want However yes most Christian are judgmental and very preachy. I choose not to be because the way I figure watching the way I am and my happiness with the little I have will entice people to ask and if they are curious I will tell them if not I am fine just not disusing that area. I believe more people will be receptive this way. To your other question I have never found a single scripture telling people to judge one an other. As a matter of fact it says the opposite. That he is the only one who is to judge. The bible also is always pressing the point of do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Which almost all people do not wish to be judged
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:14 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Sorry that god is the only one to judge. I believe some Christians are uncomfortable w/ their beliefs so they try and convince others in order to convince them selfs. As well that some believe if they "save" as many as they can it will help them get to heaven. I may be wrong but either way I do not agree with them!!!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:17 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I'm not (intentionally) judgmental of others, but I am judgmental of sin. Jesus instructs us to "judge a righteous judgment", meaning not on how things appear but on how they really are (John 7:24). We are not to be hypocritical in our witnessing, this is the meaning behind Matthew 7-which says,"judge not". It has nothing to do with informing a person about the love Christ and the judgment to come.

We are never to condemn another person, but we are to inform them of what things will fall on the Earth-- out of love and concern for him/her.. If a person's house is on fire and he/she is sleeping, you wake him/her up and let them know. That's just my view.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:22 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Actually only God can judge us. A true christian is supposed to be Christ-like, and Jesus Christ isn't judgemental: nor "snobby, uppity, or better than thou mentality". Yes, Jesus is better than all of us, He's God's son after all, and our savior, but He never flaunts His righteousness. As a christian we are to be humble, forgiving, patient, kind; as a christian we are to show God's love and the salvation of Jesus to anyone and everyone we meet. Jesus didn't come here to judge us, He came here to save us. As christians be totally thankful and totally excited to know Him. Everyone needs to know Jesus. True christians don't hinder this knowledge.
    gammyp

Answer by gammyp at 6:30 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Wait a minute what you are talking about doing is judging not informing. Informing would be I believe with all my heart this is a better way, not by saying your way is wrong. Also to finish your Mathew 7 Judge not yet ye be judge. Meaning not to judge unless you want to be judged yourself it does not mean to judge! As for your John 7-24 read the whole thing It mean to point out the good and not the bad for it is not your job. There is also another scripture can't think of where off hand but it states Let ye with out sin cast the fist stone. Meaning not to judge another's sin unless you your self are with out sin!!!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:34 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I am so I misread the Matthew scripture it means yet he be judge for judging. Meaning in TROUBLE for lack of a better word. Still proves my point.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:48 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Who are you to label all Christians judgemental? How judgemental is that!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I am sorry you have been "judged" by "Christians". Christians are not to be judgmental, however Christians just like everyone else, we are HUMAN...and we make mistakes!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:53 AM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Expressing beliefs that are not negotiable will always appear judgemental to those who live contrary to them. While expressing beliefs and truly making a judgement of someone based on them is not the smae thing at all. There will always be those who FEEL judged when others don't or can't condone what they freely choose to do.
    Mamkind

Answer by Mamkind at 8:19 AM on Oct. 29, 2009